Well, the biopsy results are in and it is bad news that puts our sailing plans on hold for 6 months or longer. Bill has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer. Additional tests must be performed to determine if the cancer has spread to surrounding tissue or into bones. After those tests are performed the doctors will decide which surgical procedure will be best. Of course, we are anxious to complete the tests as quickly as possible since this is the aggressive form rather than the slow-growing form of prostate cancer. At this point it appears that the earliest Bill can have surgery will be late February. Then there will be several months of recovery before he will be able to travel internationally.
So, under the best scenario of the cancer being confined strictly to the prostate it looks like we will be in Houston at least until June.
We are so thankful to have met Riza a couple of months ago. He is the Amel representative in Turkey and is located in Gocek. We hope to engage him to handle receipt of our new sails which should be delivered within a month. And he should be able to handle moving BeBe from Fethiye to Gocek when our berthing contract ends in mid-April. BeBe can be hauled and stored on-the-hard until we can return to Turkey.
We are keeping positive thoughts and hoping for successful surgery and full recovery so we can return to our life on the water in a few months.